- What are the AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS®?
American Scene Awards® are bestowed on those union productions that most intelligently and progressively employ the talents of people of c
olor, people with disabilities, women, seniors, people who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or queer and other misrep
resented or under-represented groups resulting in the realistic portrayal of the American Scene.
The recipients of these awards will be producers whose projects exemplify their commitment to employment of our diverse union membership in the following three (3)
categories: Entertainment, Music & Sound Recordings, and Broadcast & News.
The three (3) awards—the American Scene Award in Entertainment, the American Scene Award in Music & Sound Recordings, and the Belva Davis American Scene Award in
Broadcast & News—are collectively known as the SAG-AFTRA American Scene Awards®.
- How many awards are given at the AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS®?
The recipients of the three (3) awards will be producers whose projects exemplify their commitment to employment of our diverse union membership in the following three (3) categories:
- The American Scene Award in Entertainment
- The American Scene Award in Music & Sound Recordings
- The Belva Davis American Scene Award in Broadcast & News
- Who can submit nominations for the AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS®?
- How can I nominate a project for the AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS®?
American Scene Awards® submissions are 100% paperless.
In order to continue our commitment to the environment, we are accepting submissions via the nomination form
Be sure that all spelling, contact information company/distribution information is correct. Please also confirm the awards category in which you are submitting. Information listed on your submission will be used by the SAG- AFTRA American Scene Awards® for balloting and nominations.
Submissions will be accepted through Monday, July 29, 5p.m. PT.
We will contact you with any questions regarding your submission. You will receive confirmation once your submission has been processed and accepted by SAG-AFTRA staff.
It is very important that you verify your submissions. Please confirm that the category, spelling and all other information is correct. Ballots to the membership and nomination press kits will be based on the information given on your submission.
The name, project name and studio or network affiliation for each nominee will be taken from the submission form.
- What materials are needed when nominating a project for the AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS®?
No additional materials required other than completion of the nomination form.
*Any DVD or digital screener provided for consideration must include a closed captioning or subtitling option.*
- Is there a submission fee to nominate a project for the AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS®?
There is no submission fee.
- How many projects can I nominate for the AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS®?
As many as you feel meet the criteria
- If a project is currently airing but began its run before the eligibility period, can it be considered for the AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS®?
- Can I send this information to other SAG-AFTRA members who may want to nominate something for the AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS®?
- Can I nominate a project for the AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS® that I am in?
- Who is excluded from consideration for the AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS®?
- Project must have been produced under a SAG-AFTRA contract.
- Project must have “aired” after April 30, 2017 and before May 1, 2019.
- No past recipients are eligible.
- Representative from the Project must be willing and available to attend in-person and accept the award during the SAG-AFTRA National Convention October 11, 2019.
- How are winners of the AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS® notified?
Winners will be notified by the week of September 9. Winners will have three weeks to compile photos and video clips that will be used at the presentation. Winners have until September 30 to confirm attendance to the AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS® presentation.
- How and where are the AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS® presented?
SAG-AFTRA will present the AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS® during its national convention on Friday, October 11, 2019 in Beverly Hills in a live ceremony with members and industry guests.
- Can I attend the AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS®?
This is a private event. AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS® winners and attendees of the SAG-AFTRA National Convention will have an opportunity to attend the awards gala.
- My question isn’t on this list! How can I contact the AMERICAN SCENE AWARDS® office?
If, after reading through this FAQ, you still have questions, please email us email@example.com or call at (323) 765-2996.